Alexa, Customize My Affiliate Marketing Strategy
Did you know that 50% of all searches will be voice searches by 2020 while 2 in 5 adults use voice search at least once a day?
In addition, mobile technologies are changing how consumers search and shop. Combining the two trends, we now have voice searches accounting for 20% of all mobile searches.
For many affiliate marketers, getting found on Google is the key to driving high-quality traffic.
The rise of voice search is changing SEO and the content marketing landscape. For example, voice searches only present the top results so it has become even more important to create content that ranks high on SERPs.
Here’s how to optimize your content for voice searches on mobile:
1. Create Content Based On Commonly Ask Questions
When consumers use voice search, they’d ask a question instead of saying a bunch of keywords.
To signal relevance to search engines and optimize for mobile voice search, focus on ranking for conversational, long-tail keywords and create content based on natural language questions.
Research how consumers talk about their challenges and desired outcomes in your product category. Read social media posts and customer reviews to see what questions shoppers are asking and how they’re asking them so you can incorporate key phrases in your content to match their queries.
2. Position And Format Your Content To Signal Relevance
In order to signal the relevance of your content, you need to position and format it in a way that Google can “understand.”
Put content that answers common queries close to the top of a page. State the question using a header tag (e.g., H2) to highlight its relevance.
You should also format the content to show up as a featured snippet on Google search results. For example, start with a header that includes a long-tail keyword followed by a series of bullet points or use popular words such as recipe, best, make, and definition.
In addition, keep the content for featured snipped tight and concise – the most common length for a featured snippet is just 40 – 50 words long.
3. Make Your Content Mobile-Friendly
Mobile users are often searching on the go. You can improve your website’s SEO ranking by optimizing for mobile user experience:
- Many people use mobile devices for local searches. Add local information, keywords, and verbiage to your content so it’ll more likely be featured on voice search results.
- Most mobile users want to get quick answers while on the go. Keep your content concise so they can get the information they need right away.
- Google takes site speed into account in its ranking algorithms so reduce your site load time to improve SEO. For example, optimize all the assets and remove unnecessary images on your mobile site.
Staying Current On Content Marketing Best Practices
Ranking for voice search is becoming increasingly important for publishers who want to monetize their content.
However, don’t forget the basics! Finding the right products or services that match the focus of your website and the interest of your audience is the key to creating relevant content for driving high-quality traffic that’ll convert.
Learn more about Aragon’s affiliate network and get access to exclusive high paying and high converting offers here.
- Aragon Advertising Wins Best Pay-Per-Call Network for the 6th Consecutive Year
- 5 Reasons Your Insurance Company Should Use a Pay-Per-Call Agency
- Why All Media Buyers Need to Add Pay Per Call in 2021
- How to Set Up a Warm Transfer Campaign Without Breaking the Bank (Step by Step)
- Content Creation on Social Media: What’s Going On?